Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sewing Thread Collection

HELP, my sewing thread collection is out of control !

Sewing thread, apparently, is one of those treasures that I am compelled to purchase and drag home from Garage Sales.  At first, I dedicated one of those three drawer plastic bin units to storage, when it became full, it spilled over to a couple shoe boxes, and then when these were full, landing here and there around the room.

No organization, No Plan; Absolutely Out of Control.   I pulled all the spools from their various spots and layed them out in color groups.     What glorious color.

 Greens and Teals

 Pinks and Reds

 Along with Yellows, Orange, Black, White and a good variety of neutrals and others.  

Both wood and plastic spools in all sizes.    All together, like this, they are quite lovely to look at.   

But, how am I going to store them?   I have no idea.   There's several hundred spools here.   I want them accessible, but don't have space for them to sit on spindle trays.   

Help.   I'm desperately seeking storage solutions!

Lorrie  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?