Monday, October 1, 2012

Fiber Art Lunch Bag

You may (or may not) recall that a couple weeks ago I picked up and started experimenting with a small spinning art toy that I'd picked up at a yard sale.    Well, I was rooting around in the closet this morning and the box that I'd stuffed on the top shelf fell off and landed at my feet.   It was like an omen.   Okay, I'll play.  It was a much better idea than housework.

 This time, I tried a slightly different track.   Instead of putting the the paint on the fabric swatch and pressing the spin button, I added the paint while spinning with use of a paint brush.

One color at a time.   It went much better.  

Let them dry and then ironed a couple times to set the paint.  I contemplated them over lunch.  I'd found a Free Pattern for a Mini Tote Bag over a Craftsy, that I'd been planning to try and this seemed a perfect start.  

And ... an hour later ... a small lunch bag embellished with 3 1/2" medellions made with the Spin Art Toy (which is now back on the shelf).

Although I certainly do not need lunch bags, I foresee many more of these to follow.   Like, I've already cut another one out to play with tomorrow.  The size, at 9 inches, is a perfect practice canvas size.

Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?