Sunday, October 7, 2012

Melodye and Glen

This is the official Melodye and Glen.   (I swiped the picture right off the Facebook page).

Melodye is my sister and Glen is her husband.    They are a marvelous couple and I love them immensely.   But, this story is not really about them ... just sort of about them.   

I've been having trouble with my sewing machine.   I came up to my studio a sleepness night two weeks ago to sew and 'it - the machine' was most uncooperative.   The next morning, I Googled and found a sewing machine shop - All American Sewing - not too far from the house.    We turned 'It - the Sewing Machine ' over to a handsome Russian (in accent) man for repair.   The prognosis when we returned the following week to pick it up --- broken gears.  But, it still didn't sew right.   "It' was missing even simple zig-zag stitches.   So, we loaded her up and took her back to Alex -- the sweet Russian guy at the sewing shop.   Alex stopped what he was doing, listened to my problems and checked 'It' out.  The, he carefully showed me and explained that what I was doing with 'It' was potentially beyond 'It's' capability.   I was overtaxing 'It' and was going to have to make some changes to what I wanted 'It' to do and how 'It' was going to do it.    Oh my.  

On my way out the door I saw and grabbed a brochure off the wall for a Melody Baby Lock machine.  There, the concept was planted.   If Melodye, my sister, couldn't be here to solve all my sewing problems, perhaps, with this machine, I could sew with her anyway.  


I studied the brochure and researched online.  The more I thought about it, the more it seemed the logical answer.   Buy the Melody, not only will she have the abilities to help me create my art, but it will be just a bit like having my sister sewing with me.     So, the next day, I went back with my credit card and placed my order.    She should arrive next week.

The next day Beau said we were going to Sears to get Glen.   What ???   It appears that Beau does not want to separate Melody and Glen, so he's purchasing a refrigator  for the garage to store his beer ... and naming it Glen.     Glen is arriving tomorrow.

We can't hardly wait.  

Lorrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?