Saturday, October 27, 2012

Yard Sale Saturday, 10-27-2012

We made a trip back over to Mandeville to check on our 'For Sale' house as well as attended the Northshore Rotary Club Chili Cook-Off with some favorite friends.
.
Let me mention that there were Yard / Garage Sale signs all over.   It was very stressful as there was less than an hour to spare between the house and the Cook-Off.   Beau, always the good sport, made 3 stops for me.  
FINDS: 

  • A Clover Embroidery Stitching Tool Set.  I'm not sure how this works, but we are going on a camping trip in a few weeks with family and this should be great lawn chair entertainment.   I'll get it figure out and clue you in later.
  • Three patterns; two for dolls that I'll probably never make and one for a fabric tea set (now isn't that interesting)
  • A bag of button separates -- you know; those extras you get with clothing, carefully labeled and saved.   Now I already have thousands (literally) of buttons, but for 60 centers, I couldn't pass them up. 
  • A small handful of jewelry bits
  • A spool of yarn thread. 


Decent finds I might say and, other than the embroidery thingie ... all will go to their inventory stashes to be on hand for 'when I need them'.  (Hopefully I will).

I was picking them up to put away and thought ... well, why not use something now.    I pulled two pieces off one of the pair of earrings, as well as selected  two buttons and added them to two of the Bird pieces I was playing with

 Button Eye and head adornment

Button Eye and a tidbit in the mouth.

I'm hoping, some time soon, I'll figure out a yard sale circuit for our new neighborhood.

Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?