Monday, December 17, 2012

Burger King, Savor the Moment

There I am, sitting in a Burger King outside Mobile, AL, across from Beau, having burger and fries and contemplating why putting jalapenos on a burger makes it angry (find link). When, I looked up, and there are two large framed posters on the wall.


I would have dismissed it altogether --- I mean seriously, Savor the Moment, but the dishes caught my attention.

Those burgers are not in snug cardboard boxes, but on plates. And, look at that ketchup in the clear glass condiment bowl, instead of the real life packets that never open nicely. On another wall, over the drink dispenser is the dessert view.


How pretty is that; deserts in clear glass cups served up on a tray?   Check out the actual utensils!

Now, either they are implying that we should buy their food and take it home and merchandise it for company or, under some circumstances, we can get it served other than the usual fast food style. Yes, I know better than that, but I had to finish the thought.

We finished our burgers and while Beau was filling our now 'To Go' waxed paper drink cups, I went up the the young man behind the counter. When I finally had his attention, I asked “Am I able to get my meals served on glass plates like it shows in the posters?” as I pointed to the poster on the wall. He looked at me, looked at the posters, back at me and said “We ain't got no glass plates”.

Yes, I do Savor the moment.

Thanks for dropping by.
Lorrie  

1 comment:

  1. My husband just asked me if I had seen the Savor the Moment BK commercial. I hadn't so I googled the phrase and your blog post came up. I read it to my husband and he hooted and hollered. You got it spot on, according to him. What a hoot. Thanks for this post, it's priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?