Thursday, August 30, 2012

Izzo's, After Hurricane Isaac

After staying inside for two days waiting out Hurricane / Tropical Storm Isaac, getting out of the house seemed like a 'Must Do'.   At least for me.  Lunch sounded like a great idea, and after a quick phone call, it was confirmed - IZZO's was Open.    Now, IZZO's is an Illegal Burrito location.  Why Illegal? Well, because they are so damn good.    We arrived there with minimal issues; only a couple traffic signals out with different areas still without electricity.

 
 
I'm calling this picture, LUNCH WITH FRIENDS.   Here we have three young ladies, apparently out for lunch ... unless they are just hanging out at IZZO's.  Anyway, if you look closely, all three are on their phones.   One texting, two talking.   This picture makes me nostalgic for those times friends went out to lunch and talked to each other, versus talking to others somewhere else.    Now, back to my regularly scheduled dialog.


 IZZO's refer to themselves as a 'Roll Your Own' burrito place.  Actually, you pick the size and ingredients, and they roll it for you.  The display on the wall shows you the three sizes available.   Now, I don't know the young man here.   I asked if I could take a picture (meaning the display, of course), and he removed his glasses and turned so I had his profile, versus the back of his head.   I don't know the name of this hairstyle, but do think it is adorable.  

 After you choose your burrito size and if you want it to be beef, chicken, pork or vegetarian, you move down the line and choose your other ingredients.  Decisions are hard ... even with the huge shell, there is only some much room in a wrapper.

And then, you get it back to your table and start evaluating what technique is best used to eat your monster creation.   Meet some of our family members -- Will, Debbie and William who evacuated Destrahan to wait out Hurricane Isaac.  
That is my Quesedilla on the end of the table ... I branched out and tried something new.  


Although this is their first visit, I think they've got it mastered. 

The folks at the next table were eating the 'Burrito in a Bowl'.  Doesn't it look fabulous?   I just started the Atkins Diet today and when this might again be on my diet, we are heading back.

I recommend IZZO's .... Any location.

Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?