Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Princess Cay Bahamas – Day 4


Sleep at sea is quite restful. I must be something about the 'mostly' gentle rocking of the ship and the near silent hum of the engines. Or, perhaps it is the alcohol. Either way. This is our tenth cruise and we have our routines. Beau wakes and goes out to bring back coffee. (He could get it delivered but can never be sure what time he'll wake). Then he reads on the deck until I get up. Breakfast has to be in first order; after all, it's not been almost 12 hours since we've eaten – almost unheard of in cruising life.


Sidebar : Check out the size of these plates. Truly sinful, this plate is 14” x 10” - large enough that it could literally feed 2 – 3 people. I suppose the point is keeping us out of the buffet line, or making sure we have at least one thing we can't complain about (ya right). Beau was saying (I should have photo'd his plate), that we didn't plan on eating potatoes, but each time he got near them, they just jumped on his plate while he wasn't looking. I'm staying away from them just in case!


Today we are at Princess Cays, Bahamas. There are reefs here, so we have to dock about 1 mile off the coast and go in on ship tender boats. This is one of the Bahama Islands where Princess bought and end portion. They built little facilities and it is an area for the exclusive use of their ships. Mostly meaning, we are a contained audience and they don't have to share any of the profits with outside vendors. Upon arrival, princess haul all the necessary (which is a lot) of food and drink to the shore and get it set up. It's a pretty place, and they offer a variety of water activities, from sunbathing to jet skis'.


We opted to snorkle, which was a semi-mistake on our part. Beau appeared over his cold from earlier in the week, but wasn't able to breathe in the snorkle and just sat in the surf filling his trunks with rocky sand. I went in hunt of the fish. Apparently there were nice coral reefs here, you can see some signs, but they are mostly dead now. Under the murky water, and a good hours swim, I counted only 12 fish. Now, it was pointed out to me later at dinner that I didn't have my glasses on and I may have been surrounded by fish, but I counted just 12 and I'm standing by that.   (That's the Ruby Princess in the background)


After sunbathing, we tendered back to the ship for a shower, dinner, a comedy show in the theater, a talented young singer in the lounge and bed.

Not a bad day at all.   
Lorrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?