Sunday, December 9, 2012

Getting Smarter with a telephone

After alot of contemplation and a bit of him and hawing, I made the leap and purchased a smart phone.   This was a H U G E leap in technology for me.   I did have a cell phone that was mostly left at home and was used for travel and emergency only.   Texting ... for me that was something I saw other people doing and wondering why they didn't just talk to each other.  

The decision factor ended up being to better serve my online shops and to blog.   I frequently take pictures for the point of blogging, and then days later forget what I had to say.  Good intentions, poor follow through. Thus, the concept of instant picture taking and blog posting on the go.  Not to mention emails and communications.   That right there put the hammer on the nail and out came the credit card.   So, what did I buy ? 

The Samsung Galaxy S3.  Although it is slightly large in the hand, I like the variety of voice to text features so I won't have to spend much time on a little keyboard.  And, with voice, it will give both Beau (should he stay willing) and I, to provide dialog, when appropriate. 

And, how am I doing, you might ask.  Well, one a 1 to 10 scale, I'd say around a 4.   I've progressed way past turning it off and on.  I can now send a text message and have minimally played with the text features.  Figured out how to take pictures, build a blog post, insert the pictures and post.  Well ... No.   

But, we are now officially on vacation and I'll give it an honest go.  We'll see together what might happen.  

Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?