Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tiger Prefers Water from the Toilet

Tiger, our cat, has been living with us for the last 14 years.   Perhaps I should say mostly 'sleeping' with us, as that seems to be his primary function in life.    He sleeps in the living room, in the bedroom, and, in the last house, sometimes on the deck.    He has always ate and drank from his pet bowls tucked up against the wall in the kitchen.    That is, until now.  

Whether it was the traumatic event of being uprooted from his nice, stable and sleepy life, or some other factor that I am yet to understand, his habits have changed.    


It was the lapping noise down the hall that first caught my attention.   And, the lapping noise went on and one until my investigative instincts kicked in and I went to investigate.   And yep, there he was, drinking from the toilet.  
TIGER, is that you?   He turns and gives me that out of the corner of his eye look --- like, "who were you expecting"?    Did I mention that not 30 minutes before I had just cleaned his bowls and given fresh water?     I wonder if he even realized (in his only partially awake state of life), that we even had toilets in the last house.   

Now, if we could just get him to turn around !

Lorrie  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?