Saturday, July 28, 2012

Return of the Stepping Stones

Back in 2004, in an act of shear insanity I made 140 round stepping stones to form a sidewalk through a swampy section of the yard.  Although they were quite simple, the sheer volume, took two months to complete.

In 2006, Hurricane Katrina came along, taking out the Oak Tree that caused the swampy conditions, but the stepping stone sidewalk was still bright and cheerful.   (Amazingly enough, I no longer seem to have a picture!). 

When we selected the new house, I decided I'd keep just 10 stepping stones, for the sentimental value of it all.   The rest I gave away to neighbors and my sister-in-law Debbie (who shared with her sister).    Little did I know that, after several rainy days, that we have swampy conditions between us and the neighbors.    Seems like we needed a about 17 more stepping stones that the 10 I'd kept to make a path front to back.   

For a day or two I considered making more, but just couldn't muster the motivation.    So, feeling like a real Indian Giver, I asked my SIL if I could have 17 back.     Being the ever gracious woman  (particularly considering the amount of work it took to move from our house to begin with).  that she is, she agreed.   

Beau and I drove down and picked them up and hauled 21 back home, 


Where we layed out at a stepping distance apart, right through the muddy section of our new yard.   


And now, I'll never have to make another stepping stone.   I know, pretty boring story.  

Thanks for dropping by, anyway.
Lorrie  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?